Wednesday 12 August 2009

Poorbutrich 101

Hello and welcome! Many thanks for stopping by!
This is my blog to keep a record of the 101 challenges in 1001 days as inspired by The Simple Dollar and also the forum of MSE.
It took me a while to put the list together, which was an eye opener in itself. I was quite pleased to see that I had done quite a few of things I wanted to; from silly things such as zorbing, climbing Mount Fuji, meeting members of my favourite band, going on a quiz show on TV, to doing other longer-term things such as living in various countries abroad, setting up my own business and training in the career I'd had my heart set on as a child (and then leaving this career after two years!).

Each of the items must be completed by 20th November 2011 (although I hit the "go" button on the stopwatch before I had even finished the list!

1. Learn to ride a motorbike
2. Keep going scuba diving
3. Fix roller blades
4. Go to a roller blade event
5. sell roller blades
6. Take OH horse riding
7. Buy a house
8. Learn more patience
9. Stop making jokes
10. Learn to sleep better
11. Do a charity challenge
12. Step up volunteering
13. Do more freelancing
14. Do more cooking. Have a signature dish that I can make for people.
15. Watch University Challenge being filmed!
16. Keep trying to be vegan.
17. Smarten up the campervan
18. Make more friends - I keep losing mine to motherhood :(
19. Find the job/business that will inspire me
20. Read all of the books on the BBC’s 100 Greatest Books list and donate £1 to the Alzheimer’s Society for each unread title at the end of the challenge!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/bigread/top100.shtml
21. Make sushi at home
22. Throw a really memorable party
23. Take a hot air balloon flight
24. And a sky dive! Doesn't matter if it's a tandem!
25. Go to south America
26. Volunteer in Africa for a temporary placement
27. Try harder with novel/short story
28. Buy something at an auction (ebay doesn't count!)
29. Hire a classic convertible for a sunset drive
30. Get fit again
31. Have saved £20,000
32. Make chutney or marmalade – from homegrown or hedgerow supplies.
33. Remember to drink Chinese green tea more often
34. Do some sort of watersport - water skiing, bodyboarding - ANYTHING!
35. Resurrect my conversation ability in three different languages
36. A charity walk or run - not the Race for Life
37. Investigate green grants for making our own electricity.
38. Use rainwater etc Wood burning stove.
39. Create a PBR – not a baby, but an award of some sort.
40. Gain confidence with public speaking. Go on a course if necessary!
41. Keep sending tastes of home parcel to my lovely Ma
42. Get rid of some of the rubbish in the house and replace it with flowers!
43. Continue to eat a proper healthy breakfast before I leave the house.
44. Have matching sheets and towels
45. Visit River Cottage
46. Be an extra in a TV series or film
47. Actually make it to May Morning in Oxford!
48. Become a finalist in the World Nettle Eating Championships.
49. Go to a festival abroad
50. Keep chickens
51. Buy new sofa
52. Sell one of OH’s paintings and get him commissioning drawings
53. Have an English student
54. Become a homestay mother
55. Try surfing (not couch or web!)
56. Stay in a tepee at a festival
57. Abseiling
58. Develop charity idea
59. Sort out memorial bench for relatives
60. Drive around Silverstone in a car with more than a 1.6 engine
61. Get another campervan
62. See a West End Classic such as Les Miserables.
63. Make a truly great friend
64. Watch the Eurovision song concert live
65. See a couple of operas
66. Walking holiday
67. Cycle from one end of Kennet and Avon canal to the other
68. Buy a tandem bike
69. Punting
70. Try real tennis
71. Ride a camel
72. More wild swimming (as it’s £4.30 per swim at the swimming pool!)
73. See the Northern Lights
74. Sponsoring a little girl in India.
75. Invite people round for tea
76. Learn more about trees, plants and wildlife
77. Pier-to-pier swim for charity
78. Clear out my parents’ garage
79. Improve my presentation skills
80. Do an Open University qualification
81. Do a mini triathlon
82. Consider fostering/adoption
83. Go on a cycling holiday
84. Try a raw food diet
85. Get private clients for PR (including music!)
86. Have someone tell me that I inspire them
87. Learn how to build a drystone wall
88. Do something great in the field of recycling
89. Have my own side business
90. Have more articles published
91. Become a mystery shopper
92. Become a member of the National Trust
93. Have someone trust me to look after their dog or child
94. Look into franchise opportunities
95. Sort out home office
96. Become more adept at refurbishing furniture
97. Some sort of proof reading course/service
98. Fix ipod
99. Create summary of myself so I become better at selling myself
100. Some sort of motoring rally
101. Win something in the competitions I enter!

1 comment:

  1. Wow some great things on there PBR! Have fun working your way through them :-)

    ReplyDelete