Thursday 13 August 2009

62. Les Miserables (the musical, not a description of us!)

I might have added in the title Les Miserables AFTER I'd seen it! I wanted there to be a West End musical on my list, having seen the Phantom of the Opera, Blood Brothers and The Mousetrap which might be considered the classics of the theatre world! My friend said she had always wanted to see Les Mis, so I took her to see it for her birthday. It totally lived up to expectation. The set, the performances and the action were all absolutely fantastic. What a great thing to see – great singing, acting, even the set design which transformed from city streets to barricades was intelligent and deft. And all immensely watchable – I worried a bit when I heard it was three hours long, but there was so much action, that it just flew by. We were a little worried that there might be a need for lots of tissues, but fortunately, a very thoughtful man a couple of rows in front of us had pre-empted this and his phone rang during the emotional last scene. And again. And again. So tissue count: 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment