Tuesday 18 August 2009

14. Do more cooking. Have a signature dish that I can make for people

My cooking is legendary. Tales of just how bad it is have spread far and wide, from the time I poisoned my sister with an evil omelette to the occasion when I tried to fry a glass of Japanese Cola in a glass which ended with my housemate trying to tell me off, but laughing too much to be able to do so. So every Monday since this challenge began, I have been allowed into the kitchen to cook something while my partner barks instructions (such as ‘don’t put that in there!’ and ‘how about turning the oven on’. Last night, I made a ricotta and spinach lasagne following a simple recipe from Delia.

(Note - There’s something I should add to my 101 in 1001 list; being so famous that I don’t need my last name any more....)

Anyway.....there were no complaints after dinner and no ill effects so this could be my signature dish. It’s got spinach in it, thereby providing one of your five a day, it’s not got meat in it and it’s got pine nuts in it. What’s not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment