Wednesday 12 August 2009

15. Done! University Challenge!

Da da, da da da da da da da, da da da da da da da lala la!
I have loved this programme since I was little (in the days when it was hosted by Bamber Gascoigne!) As TV becomes noticeably more shallow, my favourite programme has remained a constant and has retained its high standards. I watch it, never failing to be amazed by just how intelligent and quick-thinking the contestants are. I also think Jeremy Paxman is a national treasure; not only a proper journalist but clearly knows the answers to most of the questions! And what questions, to read them out at high speed is amazing! Anyone, one Tuesday morning after watching UC the night before, I emailed the producers of UC to tell them how much I enjoyed it and almost instantly received a reply putting me on the mailing list. Not long after that, my dad and I travelled up to Manchester to be in the audience which was a wonderful experience, walking down the corridors of Granada, past pictures of the stars of Coronation Street and plaques to characters such as the late Alf Ramsay and Ena Sharples. We watched two episodes being filmed; again, once you’re in the studio you see first-hand just how lightning quick you have to be on the buzzer. A great experience and have been watching the programme even more closely than usual trying to spot ourselves in the audience!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo one down already! Are you sure you need a 1001 days if you are that quick of the mark LOL

    ReplyDelete