Friday 10 December 2010

71. Ride a camel

Nearly!
I recently had a ride on an elephant so I am going to tick this item off the list! Mr PBR and I tied the knot last month and headed off to India on our honeymoon. Towards the end of our all-too-short holiday, we went to the wonderful city of Jaipur where we had an elephant ride up to the Amber Fort, which gave us fabulous views. The elephant was called Champa (a flower's name, I think) and sitting on him was brilliant fun, rolling around at a leisurely pace. However, the mahout was carrying a metal spike to control the elephant and I couldn't help but notice a tear on the elephant's ear which made me very uncomfortable. The other thing that made me uncomfortable was the mahout's talking about money and his tip all the way up the hill, coupled with hawkers constantly trying to sell you quilts, paintings and guide books while you're actually on the move on the top of an elephant is quite surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment