Sunday 12 December 2010

42. Get rid of some of the rubbish in the house and replace it with flowers!

This is another one that's a bit lame that I must have dreamt up when I was struggling to get to 101 items on my list!
My house is tiny and I actually don't have a lot of stuff, but for boring and weird reasons, I have a lot of my mum's stuff in boxes, so I can't really get rid of it. (I took it upon myself to throw away the box of old luggage tags that she'd kept, and was not at all popular afterwards, so you can imagine the reaction if I threw away anything else!). However, I've done my best to send her stuff to her and hide some of it in the outside cupboard, but please don't look under the bed or under that table with the very long tablecloth! Bless her, she did have a look through some of it and a couple of binbags were filled and taken to an Alzheimer's Society fundraising coffee morning that I volunteered at.

2 comments:

  1. I suspect that you were seriously frustrated with the fact that you are storing other people's stuff and so this one went down. Um why ARE you storing your Mum's stuff? Well done for doing some sorting at any rate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello T!
    You're totally right! It's a long story and there's no one to blame but me. My poor mum moved abroad very suddenly and asked me to put her stuff into storage at her expense, but I simply couldn't bring myself to hand over cash when I could store it here..At least I have a never-ending supply of tea towels!
    I see you're doing well and am loving your new blog (lots more pics). Have a happy 2011!
    pbr x

    ReplyDelete