Wednesday 1 June 2011

45. Visit River Cottage

Have I done this one or not? You decide!!

I have managed to tick quite a few items off my list and I have done all of this without the knowledge of my dearly beloved. I am helped, a little, by the fact that he is used to a certain level of eccentricity from me. However, when I announced last week that I had booked a hire car for the day (a convertible) and then asked him if he was free any weekends in July to get down to River Cottage for lunch, he asked me what on earth I was doing.

So I told him about my 101 in 1001 plan, which he actually agreed was a great idea. He let the convertible thing go (it's my birthday next week, so he suggested we try to do it then), but when it came to River Cottage, he said we'd already done it!

"When?" I asked, wondering if I'd been hit on the head.

"Last year, at the Beautiful Days festival in Devon. Don't you remember you bought a veggie burger for £7 from that guy Tim who was on the show last night? That was from the River Cottage stall."

So I'm stumped. Can I tick it off as I got the River Cottage experience, or must I drive down to Devon? I think I'm going to count it!

No comments:

Post a Comment