Saturday 7 May 2011

78. Clear out my parents’ garages

DONE!

I have FINALLY succeeded in clearing out my mum’s garage! She rented some space from one of her friends with the intention of keeping it for about a month. However, she then moved abroad and left me to sort it which I have now done. SIX YEARS LATER!! I know I am useless (my mum’s friend asked me what took so long, and I couldn’t give her a proper answer!), but now mum’s garage is empty, so we’re not paying rent on it and I feel so much better. The downside is that my bedroom is full to bursting with boxes of mum’s stuff and I am sleeping on the landing! I obviously can’t throw/sell/recycle her belongings (which include a box containing a replica of Darth Vader’s head, holiday brochures from the 70s/textbooks from the 60s and a box of brand new CDs – the mind boggles) but it has certainly focused the mind on getting rid of my own clutter which I’ve done with a vengeance.

Which reminds me – would anyone like my mountain bike wheels?!

2 comments:

  1. So what is going to happen with all your mum's stuff? Will she let you sort through the stuff or do you have to wait for her to come back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She gets upset when I sort through it, so I have to wait for her to return! She might come back this year and if she does, I shall make her do a boot sale with me!!

    Hope you're well Dannie
    xx

    ReplyDelete