Tuesday 30 August 2011

93. Have someone trust me to look after their dog or child

Oh dear. Well, I did achieve this literally. However, when it came to the actual looking after, it all ended in tears.

What happened was that my sister asked me back in June if I could look after her son for a weekend in September. I was thrilled by this and said yes, yes, yes! He’s a lovely little boy and I hardly ever see him!

However, I emailed her about it recently and didn’t hear back and assumed it was off. She often cancels things as she’s very busy, so I signed up to do something else on the Saturday.

Then she called me and asked if I could do it. I said yes definitely to the Friday and the Sunday. She went absolutely mad, asking what was the point if I couldn’t do the Saturday. I felt terrible about leaving her in the lurch, so said that I would cancel my course. She’d hung up by then. I called back and tried to tell her that I could do it, but she said I’d already angered her and it was too late. She hung up on me again.

No one now feels very good about this, so if I tick it off my list (as technically she did trust me with her little boy!), at least some good has come of it!! I have also noticed that I put "dog or child" in that order. That should have told me something!!

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Sounds like a sticky situation! Still, if she was still interested in you doing it, perhaps she could have got back to you much sooner. As you say, at least something good comes out of it if you can tick it off!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I would have thought some confirmation would have been good! Yes tick this one off

    ReplyDelete