Sunday 14 August 2011

72. More wild swimming (as it’s £4.30 per swim at the swimming pool!)



Much to my shame, I have only recently discovered that there is an outdoor pool in my town! It’s a beautiful 75m long lido which was originally built in the late 1800s and rebuilt in the 1940s. We’re so lucky to have it (particularly as it’s cheaper than the indoor pool), and I have been making the most of it on overcast days when it’s not packed with children and inflatables.

At first, it was a bit of a stretch to swim a whole length as the pool I’d just cancelled my membership with was a mere 15m. However, with a little practice, it’s now doable and it’s a fabulous feeling to get out of it having completed an hour’s worth of swimming.

If you’re into outdoor swimming, I can’t recommend the beautiful book “Wild Swim” highly enough. It’s packed with such wonderful pictures that you’ll want to pull on your bathing costume.

If you live in London try this inspiring, witty and informative blog:

www.swimmingroundlondon.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect thing, but what will happen in the depth of Winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a horrible feeling it closes! Boo!

    ReplyDelete