Sunday 7 March 2010

54. Go to the top of the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth


After a bit of a long break between 101 in 1001 items, I can finally tick off another! We went to Portsmouth to see some friends yesterday, so I persuaded Mr PBR to come with me to the top of the Spinnaker Tower! I was on a course in Portsmouth about 7 years ago for 6 months when the tower was being constructed and it always struck me as a bit of a waste of time and effort. However, having seeing the finished item, I have to admit that it looks fabulous and is a great signature building for the city. Thanks, as ever, to MSE Martin Lewis for his wonderful site, I did a bit of a search with the forum and also google and managed to get a 2-for-1 voucher so Mr PBR and I went to the top for just £7.25. Like the CN Tower in Toronto, there's a brilliant view and a glass floor so you can see the ground 100m down below your feet. Unlike the CN Tower, it doesn't revolve and the restaurant is at the bottom rather than the top!

1 comment:

  1. HI PBR. Glad you enjoyed spinaker tower, gosh didn't realise it had been there for so long. I don't live that far away from it but still haven't been up it, although am tempted after your post.

    Well done on your money savvey ways there!

    ReplyDelete