Wednesday 9 September 2009

20. Wuthering Heights

I have changed number 20 as it pertained to decluttering which I think I have covered elsewhere in the 101 in 1001 list. Inspired by others’ lists, I have changed it to reading all of the books on the BBC’s top 100 reads list. For each that remains unread, I will donate a sum to the Alzheimers Society.

I've made a start on this. As well as the books I've completed so far in my life, I bought and finished a classic that I had always meant to read thanks to the list; Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - very embarrassed to admit I had not read it before. It was superb, very readable and suspenseful, and for me, totally unpredictable, so much so that I nearly returned back late to work after lunch yesterday as I was engrossed! I finished it early this morning after starting it on Monday!

in other news, I can’t tick it off the list yet, but I have booked to go abseiling! Bit scared though, but who wouldn’t be when staring down a gorge, held by nothing but a rope!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, abseiling sounds great and something i definitely plan to put on my next 101 list. I love abseiling, i hope you have lots of fun doing it.

    Enjoy reading all those books and trying books you probably wouldn't normally read.

    ReplyDelete