Tuesday 4 December 2012

2012

I have been reading Dannie's 101 in 1001 adventure and have been both inspired by her and embarrassed by her efforts. She is a brilliant example of what can be achieved if you set your mind to it and get organised!

From travelling to Petra to watching Shakespeare at the Globe, her adventures have made me realise how horribly I have failed at the challenge.

I have an excuse. Not a good one though - being pregnant and then looking after an active little boy doesn't lend itself to throwing yourself out of planes and riding camels.

So for 2013, I'm going to plan an achievable, boring and small goal a month.

My review of 2012 - what did I get up to? Not much!

January
Went for a run for the first time since my son was born in December.

February
The boy and I appeared in the paper as we dressed up for Chinese New Year.

March
Joined the National Trust - make it my mission to get my money's worth and by the end of 2012 had visited 20 properties from Cornwall to Dorset, Somerset and Buckinghamshire.

April
Bought a new car.

May
Went to Hong Kong for a month.

June
Turned...gulp 36...

July
Started freelancing - first job was reviewing the brilliant Mark Thomas who did a show called Bravo Figaro which I most highly recommend.

August
Took the McBaby to my favourite festival

September
Drumroll. Went back to work!

October
Decided to quit job.

November
Joined a networking business

December
The Mcbaby's first birthday.

So, not very fulfilling. I'll lay out my goals for 2013 tomorrow.

See you!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thanks for the touching comments, that's very sweet. Have to say though, i think you have a very viable and huge excuse as to why you didn't achieve as much as you would like to have had. Looking after a baby is not easy and finding the balance between motherhood and living the life you want is a challenge in the beginning. A good blogging friend of mine in America has a little one and is trying to do that, so she may be worth reading. http://theultimatelifelist.blogspot.co.uk/

    Sounds like you have had a busy year and that is an impressive amount of properties to visit!xx

    ReplyDelete